Wednesday, April 26, 2017

V ~ Vinegar

  Vinegar, the substance that is either treasured or despised. Usually the word is pronounced as "vinny-gur" but my family has a more appropriate way of saying it "vine-gar."

  Generally speaking my family uses vinegar for a terrific number of things, for example: we drink it diluted with water during cold seasons, we scrub windows with a solution containing it, it is used in facial masks, for unclogging drains, and much, much more.

  Now, I had no intentions of writing a post about an acid, but considering how it was either vinegar or vitameatavegamin I decided that vinegar was simply a lot better of an option, especially since I'm not sure just how many people actually know what vitameatvegamin is. (Just ask Ms McGillicuddy if you're clueless.) However, if you too are an old soul at heart, then yay for you!

  A little while back my Mum and I tried a drink known to many people as Good Girl Moonshine.  It consisted of apple cider vinegar, ginger, and water. I absolutely hated it, I'm sure my Mum would have too if she hadn't spit it out as soon as she took a sip. I'm not bashing vinegar here, I"m just telling some very random bit of vinegar related history.

  On a related note, (to terrible drinks) I had tried another drink, it consisted of Oolong tea, ginger, and cayenne pepper. It was absolutely the worst tasting, throat scorching, belly burning, nasty, drink I had ever had in my entire life. And for some odd reason I felt quite like a viking woman as I drank it.

  Anyways, to get back on track, vinegar is either really awesome or really terrible. Try it and you might like it. Until tomorrow, and hopefully a better post idea, goodbye.

5 comments:

  1. A few months back I played a trick on my son. I told him he needed to finish his water, but unbeknownst to him I had replaced his water with vinegar. As he took a large gulp, his cheeks filled and the look on his face as he ran to the sink to spit out the vinegar. I have twisted sense of humor. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You made me laugh right out loud at that! My mom would have done that to us kids too if she would have thought of it. Love it.

      Delete
  2. Just out of curiosity, how do you use vinegar to unclog a drain? I absolutely hate to use the strong dangerous drano stuff but I thought I had no choice. Would be interested in learning this trick. I just started reading your blog. Came over from your mother's, you sneaky girl on the up and down game...LOL Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As an answer to the vinegar question, all you have to do is pour 1 cup vinegar down the drain, 1 cup soda, and then a kettle of boiling water. I hope you'll find this helpful!

      Delete
    2. Thank you! I am going to try this, My bathtub drain is running slow, I am sure from all the hair that goes down there, Ugh!

      Delete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!