I don't have enough words in my vocabulary to describe to you how well I love books but I'm assuming that everybody already knows the depths of my love for reading. Books really are strange, like portable adventures...but to get back on track I decided that I was going to share some of my reading quirks with you today, plus a video that I found personally hilarious and accurate when it comes to a book lover's life.
I believe that I've already told you how I have to be perfectly comfortable when I read, but here are a lot more things about me when it comes to reading.
- I can't stand noise when I'm reading. Except for the sounds of birds singing, or wind blowing through the trees.
- I know that a lot of people curl up in a corner or something but I love to kneel beside my bed and read my book propped on the mattress. My Dad saw me like that once and wondered if I was okay.
- Something I find terribly annoying, even though other people might love it, is drinking something or munching happily away on a snack of some kind when reading, it serves to be a distraction, and I'm perfectly petrified about soiling a book, which to me is a serious crime and worthy to be punished.
- Another thing is that I've always wanted to have a book that was scary enough to need to be shoved into my freezer (it can't get me there) the only problem is that I've only ever read one book that was deemed nerve wracking enough but it was my book out of a gorgeous series that I'd been gifted and by no means did I want to maim it in any form, even by sticking it into the freezer.
- I also have been known to holler out loud at certain characters that really get on my nerves, either because they're being too stubborn, idiotic, or just plain mean.
- Diane knows that I get really pulled into whatever I'm reading, so when I was reading Divergent the one time, she hollered "boo" at my face. I fell right off the bed and landed on my book, much to her delight.
- I always think that a book has to have a perfect ending. Otherwise I dislike the books completely for they have wronged me. One of those books was Allegiant, I hated it.
- One thing that is strange about me is that books do not easily amuse me. Sure I can think something is funny but I never laugh. I only laughed (genuinely) once, and Diane had thought something was wrong.
- And another thing, I constantly refer to book characters as being real, it doesn't annoy anyone though it can be confusing at times.
- I've been known to tell my diary all about my thoughts concerning whatever book I'm reading at the time. I'm considering starting a book journal just for my thoughts and so on.
- I've been known to make really lame jokes concerning book characters. For example, (from The Hunger Games) I had fried up a bunch of pita breads the other week and Diane said she loved a good "Peeta" which put me into "Gales" of laughter. My family all looked horrified at my extraordinarily lame joke.
And now onto the video like I promised earlier.