Saturday, April 1, 2017

A ~ Art

  You all know I have a deep affinity for art, I love painting, sketching, crafting, you name it.  I have so many different sketch books, but for some reason my passion for creating art kind of went still for a little while until recently when one of my great friends showed her art book to me and we formed a mutual art tips and critiques club of sorts. Seeing all of her beautiful pieces moved me to pick up my pencils again and pour out my soul onto paper.

  Obviously I had to page through my old art books and I found several of my favorite sketches that I want to share with you today.

  My Mum had ordered our new school curriculum for next term this fall and it arrived today. I was unbelievably delighted when I discovered two gorgeously splendid art books that my Mum bought I absolutely can't wait to start drawing again, besides, I know I want to get a lot better at it all.

   I can't precisely pin point what it is that I love so dearly about art, perhaps it's the streaks of lead and charcoal that cover my fingers, perhaps it's that feeling of falling deeply in love with what ever I'm drawing, it might be that feeling of hope that springs forth when a picture slowly starts to form on paper, maybe it's the fact that a bit of my mind, heart, and soul become visible throughout the process, or it might be because I love that feeling of clarity as I spend hours listening to instrumentals, doing incessant comparisons and forgetting to eat meals in between drawing. Actually I think it's all of them together that make it all worth it.

  Because of all of the above I was motivated to share some of the pictures with you.
  I love to pour myself into the eyes of the people I draw, like Sam here.
                     
  For school one week I had to draw birds of various sorts.



  Hopefully the next time I make a post on art, I'll have improved!

7 comments:

  1. That was so lovely to see, especially loved the second one :)

    ¸.•´¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
    (¸.•´ (¸.•` ¤ Good luck on the rest of your A to Z challenge

    Sylvia @ The Creative Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't draw often enough, but when I do - I know what you mean about the enjoyment. And what is it about pencil? Maybe it's the firmer contact of the pencil with the paper?
    Don't know, but now you have me itching to pick up pencils....
    I'm going to enjoy checking in on your posts!
    Donna Smith
    #atozchallenge
    Mainely Write - ABUNDNC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your drawings are wonderful! I especially like the birds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art is amazing and many thanks for sharing some of your drawings with us! I loved the robin in the pussywillow tree. I am sure looking forward to reading your A to Z challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your art looks good. I think you will improve if you draw more often. isn't that what people say - practice makes perfect? I hope you gets lots of practice.

    have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great A post! Beautiful drawings - looking forward to your challenge posts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are such an artist! I love your picture of Sam, it's so realistic and the shading is amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!