Wednesday, April 27, 2016

W ~ Weeping

     There are so many things in this world that make me really happy, like tea, kittens, crocheting, laughter, Celtic music, and many other things. Then, there are some things that I positively, absolutely abhor. Weeping is one of those things (more commonly known as crying). There's nothing fun about having tears steaming down your red blotchy face, your stomach in knots, and plowing your way through a box of tissues.
   
     So in honor of the letter "W" I will be making a list of things that make me cry.

1. Happy endings in movies.   The Lord of the Rings had me bawling.

2. Sad endings in movies.  The first sad movie I remember crying over was  Charlotte's Web. (And I don't even like spiders.)

3. Sweet words spoken in honor of a person or people. 

4. Weddings. There is no such thing as me not crying at weddings.

5. Seeing people cry at all, especially when they have just lost something dear to them brings to me to tears.

 6. Books. Okay, not all books, but I have shed my fair share of tears because of fictional characters. The worst was when Tris died in the Divergent series. I was an emotional wreck!


And then there are things that make me feel like crying even though I don't actually cry.

7. Trying to make a blog post when my brain seems to be on vacation.

8. Not being able to find any of my socks when truly necessary.

9. Accidentally staining my favorite article of clothing.

10. Finishing my favorite book series.

11. Peanuts or any other nuts in brownies. Why? Just why?!

12. When public speakers say the word "Uh" 114 times when they are trying to collect their thoughts. (Yes, I counted).

13. When people use improper grammar on Facebook.

6 comments:

  1. I absolutely agree with #12 and #13. If it's not "uh" to drive you nuts, it's the word "like". My grandchildren used to use that word SO MUCH I actually got the tape recorder and played back something they had said, and made them count the number of times they had used the word. It really startled them. (They don't do it as much any more, either.)

    Poor grammar also annoys me, and with spell-check, there's no excuse for sloppy spelling, either. My father was a clergyman and my mum was an English teacher, so maybe the rules were just pounded into me, or perhaps I simply absorbed them, but I *do* speak English, and when I was teaching, the other teachers appreciated the fact that I expressed myself well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't often cry. I can't even remember the last time. Maybe there's something wrong with my tear ducts because I feel emotion very strongly. Or maybe I'm just weird :)Great weepy post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. #12, or when someone is praying and says "God" over and over and over, making the prayer so much longer than necessary :) Also I bawled so hard in Divergent! Seriously, who kills the main character??? Then that one time when Tris sacrificed herself to the enemy and when they were taking her to her execution (I think) they dragged Four through the halls and he was all "I love you so much that I sacrificed myself too" and Tris was all "No Four what have you done" and there was lots of crying involved. For the most part, they were pretty good books :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is easy for readers to identify with your posts. They remind me of many experiences and get me thinking. :) Weeping...
    As an infant, my daughter had a lullaby music box by her crib. It sounded soothing to me. Instead of putting her to sleep, she wailed like a siren every time I tried to play it for her.
    I love weeping willow trees...a fine place to sit to have a good cry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is easy for readers to identify with your posts. They remind me of many experiences and get me thinking. :) Weeping...
    As an infant, my daughter had a lullaby music box by her crib. It sounded soothing to me. Instead of putting her to sleep, she wailed like a siren every time I tried to play it for her.
    I love weeping willow trees...a fine place to sit to have a good cry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!