There are so many things in this world that make me really happy, like tea, kittens, crocheting, laughter, Celtic music, and many other things. Then, there are some things that I positively, absolutely abhor. Weeping is one of those things (more commonly known as crying). There's nothing fun about having tears steaming down your red blotchy face, your stomach in knots, and plowing your way through a box of tissues.
So in honor of the letter "W" I will be making a list of things that make me cry.
1. Happy endings in movies. The Lord of the Rings had me bawling.
2. Sad endings in movies. The first sad movie I remember crying over was Charlotte's Web. (And I don't even like spiders.)
3. Sweet words spoken in honor of a person or people.
4. Weddings. There is no such thing as me not crying at weddings.
5. Seeing people cry at all, especially when they have just lost something dear to them brings to me to tears.
6. Books. Okay, not all books, but I have shed my fair share of tears because of fictional characters. The worst was when Tris died in the Divergent series. I was an emotional wreck!
And then there are things that make me feel like crying even though I don't actually cry.
7. Trying to make a blog post when my brain seems to be on vacation.
8. Not being able to find any of my socks when truly necessary.
9. Accidentally staining my favorite article of clothing.
10. Finishing my favorite book series.
11. Peanuts or any other nuts in brownies. Why? Just why?!
12. When public speakers say the word "Uh" 114 times when they are trying to collect their thoughts. (Yes, I counted).
13. When people use improper grammar on Facebook.