Seeing dirty dishes turn from grimy to sparkling clean used to be one of my very favorite chores back when I was 8 or so. Fast forward a number of years and doing dishes became the most horrid, detestably nasty, and terribly boring chore that I have ever done.
Sometimes I wanted to do nothing more than get rid of all of our dishes, I spent lot of time dreaming up positively splendid ways to destroy them one way or another.
Here's a sample of some of the things I used to think would be fun doing with them.
Operation Dish Destroyer
1. Use our plates as Frisbees. Precision in aiming is not necessary.
2. Use them as Archery targets.
3. Break them over horrid people's heads.
4. Float them down our creek.
5. Throw them over our waterfall.
6. Simply smash them against the floor.
7. Tie them to helium balloons and watch them soar over clouds.
8. Hand them out to random people.
9. Use the plates as hopscotch squares.
10. Throw them onto the road and drive over them.
11. Get up at Midnight (because it is more daring that way) and bury them.
12. Use them to teach myself how to juggle.
13. Have a giveaway for used dishes.
14. Take them on picnics and forget about them.
15. Play pitch and catch with them.
16. Dump them into somebody's backyard.
17. Dump them into somebody's front yard.
18. Throw them down our stairs.
19. Throw them up our stairs.
And last but not the least. 20.. Throw them out of a plane, and then jump out after them. I have always wanted to skydive.