Tuesday, April 5, 2016

D ~ Dishes

     Seeing dirty dishes turn from grimy to sparkling clean used to be one of my very favorite chores back when I was 8 or so. Fast forward a number of years and doing dishes became the most horrid, detestably nasty, and terribly boring chore that I have ever done.

     Sometimes I wanted to do nothing more than get rid of all of our dishes, I spent lot of time dreaming up positively splendid ways to destroy them one way or another.

Here's a sample of some of the things I used to think would be fun doing with them.

Operation Dish Destroyer

1. Use our plates as Frisbees. Precision in aiming is not necessary.

2. Use them as Archery targets.

3. Break them over horrid people's heads.

4. Float them down our creek.

5. Throw them over our waterfall.

6. Simply smash them against the floor.

7. Tie them to helium balloons and watch them soar over clouds.

8. Hand them out to random people.

9. Use the plates as hopscotch squares.

10. Throw them onto the road and drive over them.

11. Get up at Midnight (because it is more daring that way) and bury them.

12.  Use them to teach myself how to juggle.

13. Have a giveaway for used dishes.

14. Take them on picnics and forget about them.

15. Play pitch and catch with them.

16. Dump them into somebody's backyard.

17. Dump them into somebody's front yard.

18. Throw them down our stairs.

19. Throw them up our stairs.

     And last but not the least.  20.. Throw them out of a plane, and then jump out after them. I have always wanted to skydive.

6 comments:

  1. Great post!! Over here in Germany, when someone gets married they have a party before the big day. The guests bring old plates and any type of porcelain and they all smash it in a big frenzy. Me, personally, I just shove it all in the dishwasher :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that tradition sounds like so much fun! I'm glad that at least you don't have to go through hand-washing horrors everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're a woman after my own heart. I love throw them up the stairs, followed by throw them down the stairs. Too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I never liked washing dishes, either. When we got married, I told my husband the one thing in all the world I wanted was a dishwasher. Nothing else. And we got one!

    Our church used to have a booth at the Spring Fling where for a quarter people could throw baseballs at old china. We always got LOTS of donations, and it was a good way to burn off some frustrations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with you. I used to love doing dishes as a child, it was always so much fun. Now it is the worst. I would love to use dirty dishes as a frisbee!
    @AllysePanaro from
    The Frog Lady


    ReplyDelete
  6. I love to cook, but the dishes that need to be cleaned after are definitely not nearly as much fun. You have some creative ways to eliminate the problem.

    @WeekendsInMaine
    Weekends in Maine

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!