Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. How did you welcome the month of July, and tell us one fun thing you did to celebrate the 4th. (or the weekend for any non-USA residents playing along today)

  I welcomed the month of July by making an Awk+Awe post, and this year for the 4th of July we didn't really do anything, I was fine with that. 
 
2. Right now..what's your favorite red thing? white thing? blue thing?

  As of right now my favorite red thing is strawberries, favorite white thing is the clouds in the sky, and favorite blue thing is the water in the pool we go to.
3. Wave the white flag, raise a red flag, fly your freak flag...which 'flag' have you flown most recently? Explain. 

  I have most recently flown my "freak" flag, by letting all of my outrageously curly hair loose to do as it pleases.

4. According to Cond Nast Traveler these are the seven best places to visit in July-
a boat safari in Botswanna's Okavango Delta, Riviera Maya Mexico (it's whale shark season and apparently you can swim with them), Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons, Pamploma Spain, St. Petersburg Russia, the Fuji Rock Festival at Mount Naeba Japan, the Salzburg Festival in Salzburg Austria

If time and money weren't factors would you want to see any/all of these? Which would you most like to see and why? 

  Even if time and money weren't a factor I would still only want to go to the Salzburg Festival in Salzburg, Austria. Only because one of my favorite musicals is based around it!
5. Grilled cheese, pimento cheese, or mac and cheese...your favorite from the cheesy treats listed? 

  I used to love grilled cheese as a kid but now not so much... I still love mac and cheese though and nothing quite beats the homemade, made from scratch version!
6. What makes you sweat? 

  Summer cleaning my sister and my room in the 80 degree heat, realizing I have a lot more junk than my sister does, trying to get rid of my junk, coming to the conclusion I am a sentimentalist.
7. Your favorite movie with a 'patriotic' theme of some sort?

  Though this is not American patriotism I still think " The Sound of Music" counts.
8. Insert your own random thought here. 

  When we first moved to where I live now, Diane and I had been delighted to find a stray cat hiding under our chicken coop (we don't actually have chickens though)  after adopting that cat as our own we were thrilled when it formed a strong attachment to us, and day after day we fed it and stroked its' fur and were only too happy when it had two little kittens that we named Chocolate and Vanilla, then it had Pom Pom, followed by Tiger, Penelope, and Princess, and as of recently she gave us Piper, Weston, and Jasper. I think we have quite enough cats now!
   

9 comments:

  1. I've done the Sound of Music tour in and around Salzburg and it's lots of fun. You leave singing : ) Hope you get there one of these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your random is sweet. :-)
    I think your movie choice is great!
    Happy July,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the Sound of Music was wonderful!

    I love the names of your kitties. Our house is the Kool-Aid house for cats, it seems. Everyone comes here to have their babies in our carport. We had as many as 20 here at one time.

    Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sound of Music am I right is that the one that is in Australia I love that musical as well because it was one of my moms favorites
    come see us at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Austria, Angie! Australia is a continent where we speak English (of a sort) rather than German. But not to worry - you aren't the first person - or the last - the get them confused.

      Delete
  5. Yes, we do seem to get more than our fair share of cats. I think my child-bride Suzanne has a neon sign that says "Free Catnip".

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good movie choice, I love The Sound of Music. I gave up on blowing my hair straight today but have it up because it will be wild if I take it down ;) Good for you for wearing your curls, I'm sure it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My very straight hair could use a few of your curls! I have a hard time just keeping a barrette in my hair, it's constantly sliding down. Love your curls!
    Cheers!
    Lori in Blue Ridge, GA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with you about home made macaroni and cheese. When I make mine, I use 2/3 sharp cheddar and 1/3 pepper jack. It's just enough to give it a lift, without being overpowering. (And Lord, deliver me from Velveeta!) Once, we came up short on elbow macaroni, and The Squire added a package of frozen cauliflower to the mix. It adds an interesting texture and cuts the carbs. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!