Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. 'In like a lion, out like a lamb'...does the first part of this saying describing March weather ring true  where you live? 

  Oh yes, across the road from where I live we have a waterfall that is solidly frozen, and now I can hear the musical drip drip of the rain splashing onto the bush out by the porch.

2. March 4th is National Grammar Day. What common grammatical error bothers you the most? 

 Oh my, there is definitely nothing worse than people mixing up too, to, and two.
 
3. William Arthur Ward says- 'The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails.' Which one are you?
  
 I would have to say I'm more of a realist with an optimistic twist, or in other words I do what needs to be done but keep my spirits high.
 
4. What's something you need to 'march forth and conquer' this month?

 Definitely finishing crocheting my afghan, the poor thing has been laying limply on the craft table for a while now.

5. An ongoing debate around here...do you dust first, then vacuum or vacuum first, then dust? Of the two routine household chores, which do you dislike the least? How's that for wording?

 I like to dust first because naturally dusting sends tons of dust to settle onto the floor, then I vacuum to suck up all of the dust resulting in a clean (mostly dust free) room, but hands down vacuuming is the worst.

6. According to thrilllist.com, the ten most photographed sites in the U.S.A. are- Cinderella's Castle in Orlando, Southernmost House in Key West Florida, The Space Needle in Seattle, The Site of the Boston Massacre in Boston, The Bellagio Lake/fountains in Las Vegas, The Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC, Coit Tower in San Fransisco, The Art Institute of Chicago, Niagara Falls, and snagging the number one spot-The Guggenheim Museum in New York City. 

How many on this list have you photographed? Which on the list would you most like to visit and photograph?

 Well considering that I'm more of a home body, I have actually never visited or photographed for the matter any of those places, though I have full confidence that someday I will visit Niagara Falls, and the Art Institute of Chicago, but until then I can be found photographing flowers, dewy spider webs, our waterfall, and at least one of our four pets. 

7. Fifty years ago Monday (March 2, 1965) The Sound of Music premiered at the Rivoli Theatre in NYC. Have you seen the film? Do you own a copy? On a scale of 1-10 how much do you love it (or not)? Ten=best movie ever. If you're a fan, what's your favorite scene or song from the movie?

 Unfortunately I have never even heard of that film so I can't rate it.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

I am getting very exited because spring is coming and my Dad will get to set up our trampoline which has been sitting in the garage since Christmas.

2 comments:

  1. I also agree with to, too and two. :-) I decided on there, their and they're.
    I love your answer to the photo question.
    Have a blessed week,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think I've ever known anyone who hasn't heard of The Sound of Music. It's a great story, and of course I love the music too, but the story is engaging. Good luck with your afghan.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!