1. January 24th is National Compliment Day. Is it easy or not so easy for you to accept a compliment? Share a recent compliment you've given or received.
I think I always appreciate a compliment, but some compliments do make me blush, or fidget, I'm not certain why, I suppose I'm rather ridiculous at times.
A recent compliment I've received was by one of my friends at Sunday school who said I have beautiful writing, and a recent compliment I've given would have been last night, when I complimented my six year old brother's salad that he mostly made by himself.
2. Ten little things you are loving right now.
I love it when I'm asked what little things I love, I do believe that you can tell more about a person when they tell you the little things that they love (like snuggling with their cat, and late night's spent reading) than when they say they love something like sports or art.
The ten little things that I am loving right now, are as follows:
- Listening to the clock's ticking when everything is quiet
- The coffee and chocolate granola that I'm eating for breakfast
- The scent of my shower wash (a.k.a, soap)
- The pen I use to write in my journal
- The clicky noise the keyboard makes as I type
- My little brother's smile
- Cheery light in the room despite the dreariness outside
- The bright red poinsettia beside me
- The pasta maker my Mum just got
- The smell of soup in the kitchen
3. Would people describe you as a positive person? Do you see yourself that way? I read here a list/description of eight things positive people do differently-
Positive people find something to look forward to every day, they celebrate the small stuff, they're kind, they stay busy, accept responsibility for their actions, forgive themselves, know when to move on, and resist comparisons
Which action on the list would you say you do regularly? Which action could you add to your life to give you a more positive outlook? If you're a positive person, what's something you do regularly that's not on the list?
Even though I have times when I can be less than ecstatic and bubbling with enthusiasm, I think that most of the time people do see me as a positive person. I am certain that for at least the most of the day, I'm cheerful.
I believe it's obvious from the previous question, that I daily appreciate little things, I also keep a daily diary (aren't diaries journals that are updated daily?) which always puts me in a more positive mood.
4. Homemade chicken soup, beef stew, or a bowl of chili...what's your pleasure on a cold winter's day?
My favorite kind of soup on a cold winter's day is my Mum's homemade chicken and dumpling soup.
5. The best part of my day is....
I'm not sure this counts, since it's not really part of the "day" so much as it is the evening/night, but my favorite part is after dinner when I get to settle down and read, or journal, and pursue various hobbies.
6. Insert your own random thought here.
Yesterday was a beautifully sunny day and smelled delicious just as Spring does, and I was already hoping that it was indeed an early Spring, unfortunately, I woke up this morning to a light new coating of snow on the ground. I would be disappointed, but I suppose our cozy winter days will just have to be enjoyed a bit longer.