Friday, January 19, 2018

Adventures at the Dentist

  Yesterday I went to the dentist again, a new dentist this time so I assumed beforehand that I would have at least some sort of adventure, and I was right, it seems adventure abounds if your eyes are wide open.
  It was an absolutely freezing cold day and we had to park a little bit away from the actual building. I opened my door and stepped right into a snow drift, so I was chilled in a relatively short amount of time. My Mum, Diane, Sean, and I all rushed into the building while trying not to slip on the slush and ice and various other cold things associated with winter.
  We waited for quite some time. Of course we had things to keep us entertained, for example we had a wonderful time watching water drip from our shoes, and an even more splendid time listening to some of the oddest country music ever.
  Finally I was called back. I'm sure you are all aware of how dentist's chairs work, they can go up, go down, and the back can be lowered and raised to take you from a sitting position to a laying down position...well, the chair I got to sit on was rather feisty.
  The dental technician was a very friendly, cheerful woman who answered all my questions (I'm good at being curious, and it's rewarding at times, you see, apparently most of the instruments that she used on me were throw-aways and back in the 1900's dentists didn't wear gloves [she shuddered at this point]). Anyways, I've gotten sidetracked, so I shall get to important information. She warned me that her chair is faulty, they are getting a new one, but until then, all of us patients have to be on our toes, or rather, be good at doing sit ups.
  When she went to lower the chair's back, parallel to the floor, the chair's back lowered, but the problem was, it didn't stop. Laying on the chair while she worked to get it to behave was like trying to lie down on a see saw, I went up and down, and up and down, and up and down. I had no idea that anyone could get seasick in a chair, but rest assured my friends, it's very possible.
  She unplugged the chair when it was in the position that she wanted, and from then on it behaved since it couldn't do anything.
  My teeth cleaning went very well, my teeth are all in dandy condition, and I was told that my wisdom teeth will most likely begin to show during this next year. What fun. (Not) All of that aside, my visit to the dentist was almost very enjoyable.

2 comments:

  1. Your dentist chair story makes me chuckle! Glad your teeth are all in great condition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to believe your family goes anywhere without a book!

    I grew up before cities had fluoride in their water systems, and trips to the dentist were pretty traumatic - both for me and for the dentist! Glad things went well for you.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!