Monday, June 29, 2015

Harvesting Clouds

     As a little girl I used to love when my Mom read poems to me, all those delicious sounding words all strung together were always sure to please me, and the one day my Mom told me the most marvelous poem that described so perfectly how I felt when I looked at the clouds floating in the sky.

  If I had a spoon as tall as the sky
  I'd dish out the clouds that go slip-sliding by,
  I'd take them right in and give them to cook
  And see if they tasted as good as they look.

  And of-course as a little girl I used to dream of being able to walk up into the sky and sleep on clouds and not having to worry about food since I had mounds of delicious fluffy clouds right beside me. Sadly as I grew older I realized that's not a possibility. However with a camera, a willing assistant, and some fluffy clouds I can at least make it look like I'm fulfilling a childhood dream of harvesting clouds.
 

3 comments:

  1. Hi! I read your.mom's blog and will be recommending your blog to my niece who is about your age. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is quite fun and I enjoyed it and the memory you shared. :)
    Blessings,
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps: I just googled it and the author is DORTHY ALDIS :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!