Saturday, January 12, 2019

The Highlights of 2018

  The year of 2018 was a very long and eventful one for not only me but also my entire family. There were plenty of beautiful moments that I shall cherish for the rest of my life and there were some moments that weren't quite as grand (I believe most people call these the highs and lows of life) but in today's blog post I shall choose to focus on all of the positive things that happened, both big and small.

  One of my 2018 goals had been to complete six diaries, or one every two months, I didn't quite meet this goal for just yesterday I finished my sixth diary of 2018. I'm quite fond of my little stack and therefore I shall share a picture of them with you.


   I shall consult these friends of mine for today's post because my memory isn't wonderful enough to remember what happened in all of the months of 2018. But, before I jump into the highlights of my past year I must first introduce you to my diaries since that is the only proper thing to do. Starting from left to right I would like for you to say hello to Charlotte, Ella, Lavender, Annie, Luna, and Avril. Now that you have met them, I can continue.

      The Highlights of 2018

             January
  •  I earned a 90% in my Algebra on the second day of January, of which I was immensely proud. 
  • One of my dear friends announced her engagement
  • I made a goal to become more outgoing (especially concerning talking to people I didn't know)
  • I read the Prince and the Pauper by Mark Twain
  • I fell in love (with strawberry mint soap that is) 
  • My family had dentist appointments and I got to sit in a chair with electrical malfunctions
  • I got to meet a bunch of new people 
  • Diane and I did some rather painful face masks
  • My brother bought his first vehicle
  • I turned sixteen            
            February
  • I made a goal to expand my vocabulary
  • My Dad and I finished a very large puzzle whilst becoming crazier the longer it took
  • My Mum, Diane, and I had a bit of an "Austin and Ally" watching fest filled with tons of laughter
  • All of us celebrated the Superbowl with plenty of good food (I managed to avoid the game all day and then walked in the room just as the Eagles won, I'm rather skilled)
  • I gave up frivolous technology for Lent
  • Dad and I went shopping and I managed to hit every corner in the store with my shopping cart
  • My little brother learned the fine art of "testing" cookie dough
  • The winter Olympics began
  • Eldon (the oldest brother) began going to gym night with the youth
  • I had to take my physical to qualify for a learner's permit
  • Dad surprised Mum with pink roses
  • I received a letter from a "twin" 
  • I got my learner's permit
  • My siblings (excepting Sean) starting going to gym night with the youth 
  • I got my first driving lesson
  • My family got a new vehicle
           March
  • My family all cared for me while I was quite ill
  • My siblings and I began going to another youth gathering at our church
  • An adorable little girl declared  me to be her puppy
  • We got to have Krispy Kreme Donuts
  • My Mum took my sister to her best friend's birthday party
  • Eldon and I signed up to take part in the Easter Choir at church 
  • Mum, Diane, and I spring cleaned our storage room
  • I began creating menus including recipes from a Rachel Khoo cookbook that my Mum gifted
  • I actually got a 96% on an Algebra test
  • Dad set up a bird feeder
  • We celebrated Eldon's birthday
            April
  • Eldon and I sang in the Easter choir at church
  • I fell in love (with ping pong, that is)
  • Mum became the owner of a beautiful Bible journal
  • One of my friends and I decided to do a competition to see who could do the most algebra
  • Mum gifted me with a lovely devotional set
  • Us womenfolk (in the words of my diary) decided spontaneously to throw a birthday party for Diane
  • We attended a reptile viewing at our library
  • We actually had gorgeous weather for a day
  • We celebrated Mum's birthday
  • One of our cousins spent a little more than a week with us to help celebrate Mum's and Diane's birthdays
  • I was introduced to the game of carpet ball which I loved immensely 
  • I bought six books from the library for sixty-five cents
  • My Dad pulled a newborn calf out of the creek saving it's life and then fell in himself 
 
  It seems that this post would be insufferably long if I were to list all the great moments from the entire year of 2018, so I shall break it up into three posts of which this one is the first. So many of the lovely little occurrences I listed above deserve more than just a small spot as a bulleted sentence so I shall have to turn them into blog posts in the future. What were some of the highlights of your year? I would love it if you'd tell me in a comment.

  Until some later date, fare thee well.  

6 comments:

  1. Great job on this list of events. I am not as diligent but I do love going back on my blog and reading what we have been doing from year to year. I hope your 2019 is a great one for you and all your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love being able to look back on my days and years and see what I've done, or what happened, so blogs and diaries are treasures to me. Thank you for your kind wishes and I hope you have a wonderful year as well!

      Delete
  2. So enjoyed your post. Made me happy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very glad you found pleasure in reading my scribblings and I thank you for taking to time to let me know since it brought a smile to my face!

      Delete
  3. What a happy 4 months!
    I really admire your diary dedication. You'd never remember half of these things if you weren't a faithful recorder! Yikes, how many happy "memories" am I not remembering?!? (It can't be a memory if you can't remember it, right?) I'm looking forward to future installments here! Thanks!
    Becky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very thankful that my Mum started me off with diary keeping at a young age because now it's not so much dedication and discipline as it is a love for settling down in a cozy spot at the end of the day to record anything I please. I'm very glad you took the time to leave such a sweet comment and I hope you have a blessed week!

      Delete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!