Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. What takes you out of your comfort zone?

  Definitely public speaking, I've had to do a bunch of it these past few weeks and it's horrible. It seems that I have every possible 'symptom' of public speaking fear too. Ah well, I think that people say it's these kinds of things that strengthens one's character.

2. Your least favorite spice?

 I heartily dislike curry and also anise and ginger. It's just something about those flavors...

3. What's a small change you'd like to make?

  I really want to start up crocheting again, I've been spending a bit of time making a poncho and it's reminded me why I love crocheting.

4. Do you enjoy visiting historic homes? If so, of the homes you've visited which one was your favorite? What historic home near you is open to visitors? Have you been? Southern Living rounded up eleven of the best in the southern part of the US and they're as follows-

Monticello (Jefferson's home in Virginia), Nathaniel Russel House (Charleston SC), Swan House (Atlanta), Ernest Hemingway's home (Key West), The Biltmore (Vanderbilt home in Asheville NC), Mount Vernon (Washington's home in Virgina), San Francisco Plantation (Garyville, Louisiana), Windsor Ruins (Port Gibson Mississippi), Longue Vue House and Gardens (New Orleans), Whitehall (Palm Beach FL), and Pebble Hill Plantation (Thomasville GA)

Have you been to any on the list? Of the homes listed which would you most like to visit?


  I would love to visit historic homes! Sadly, as of yet, I don't think that I have gone to see any. I have a friend who is a fellow lover of all things vintage and pretty, and she visits many historic houses and never spares the details when she tells me about them.

  I would really love to visit the Biltmore, Windsor Ruins, and Monticello.

5. What's something you think will be obsolete in ten years? Does that make you sad or glad?

  I think the man bun will be obsolete, at least I hope it will. And if it does, than yes, I am very glad. 

6.  Insert your own random thought here. 

  We have eighteen different holiday celebrations between now and the new year, and so this afternoon my Mum and I are going to sit down and plan out the menus for all of them, it's loads of fun to do stuff like that, and I have learned that it's best to plan menus when you're not completely starving.  

2 comments:

  1. Eighteen holidays! Wow! You are going to have to fill us in on those! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 18? Holidays between now and Christmas~~Wow! I would love to be in your family,ha! As far as man buns go, some are really attractive ;-) but some are hideous and they need to cut their hair, LOL Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!