Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. May 17th is National Pack Rat Day. Sidebar-should we be celebrating this? Hmmm... 

Are you a pack rat? Even if you're not a full fledged pack rat, most people have one thing or another they struggle to part with. Tell us what's yours.

  I don't even know why that is a thing, I personally do not think it should be celebrated and therefore I won't even waste my breath (or whatever my fingers clicking across the keyboard should be called.)

  Since you asked me, and not someone else, I don't think that I am a pack rat, just a few days ago I swept through my room with a minimalistic vengeance and it was delightfully fun. Though as for parting with things, I don't part with something unless I know it's what I truly want, hence, no struggle.

2. What are two things you know you should know how to do, but you don't?

  I should definitely know how to speak fluent French by now, but I still can't. And I should know how to do Geometry easily without feeling the life draining from me, but that also has yet to happen.

3. Do you crave sugar? Do you add sugar to your coffee and/or tea? Do you use artificial sweeteners or sugar substitutes? When dining out is dessert a given? Are you someone who has slain the sugar dragon, and if so tell us how you did it.

  Now I thought that this was a very sweet question (sorry, couldn't resist.) I would have to say that yes, I do crave sugar, but recently that is all I've had to do with sugar. I do not add sugar to my tea, that would feel like a ruthless murder of an innocent and undeserving beverage, as for coffee, I detest it, loathe it, despise it, passionately hate it, even sugar can't make it any better.

  I have actually never eaten dessert at a restaurant.

  And lastly, have I slain the sugar dragon? I don't know for sure yet, ask me again in a week or so and I'll give you the answer but at the moment I'm not so sure. And does that have something to do with the fact that I love to bake desserts all the time? Yes, yes it does.

4. What's a trend it took a while for you to come round to, but now you can't imagine living without?

  I can't think of a single trend that I adore or can't live without for that matter, but I would love to go around with a pair of scissors and quickly end the "man bun" trend.

5. What's a song that reminds you of a specific incident in your life? Please elaborate.

  Hmm, I can't recall the name of the song ( I think it had something to do with adventure) but once when I was listening to that song I saw a huge, vicious, terrifying, heart pounding, grey hair turning, nasty, spider looming over me. Every time I hear that song I have to think it.

6. Insert your own random thought here. 

  I have to apologize for not blogging in such a long period of time. Please know that I would give you a bunch of excuses but none seem to exist, the reason is simply that I have been enjoying my summer by getting to spend hours writing away in my journals, reading, or what ever else suits my fancy. Now that I have thoroughly enjoyed the first days of summer freedom,  I will be blogging more frequently.

3 comments:

  1. You must live in the south if you're calling it 'summer'! That being said, we are enjoying a beautiful hot spring day north of the 49th parallel today.

    I'm with you - the man bun has got to go!

    *Visiting from the Hodgepodge*

    ReplyDelete
  2. So good to see you posting again. I just had to stop in and visit your hodgepodge. Enjoyed your answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with the man bun statement. That made me laugh. Thank you. The way I have "slain the sugar dragon" is too enjoy it and eat in moderation. Sweets are too good to eliminate them from your life. I have diabetes and do not use artificial sweeteners at all. I just schedule a small sweet now and then and enjoy each bite immensely. Thank you for taking the time to blog I enjoy reading it and your Mom's blog also.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!