1. Let's talk holiday decorating. On a scale of 1-10 where do you fall? (1=Scrooge and 10= Clark Griswold). What's your favorite corner-room-table-space to decorate? Is it done?
I absolutely love Christmas decorations but my home is not completely covered with heaps of decor. I suppose on a scale of 1-10 that I personally would fall at a five. Because each year my sister and I decorate our room thoroughly. The house in general only has a Christmas tree but my room has been touched with the Christmas spirit. I have stockings hanging on the wall. I have a cheery painted picture of a snowman on the wall (I painted it at one art class). We have our own Christmas tree laden with homemade ornaments, and we have bowls of pine cones everywhere.
2. Is there a nativity scene in your decorating somewhere? Post a picture or, if it's special to you in some way, tell us why. Or do both-it's Christmas!
No, we do not have a nativity scene anywhere in the house. I used to want to play with the little people in those scenes though when I was just a wee girl.
3. Do you live in a social neighborhood? If so are you glad? If not do you wish you did?
Oh my yes! My neighborhood is such a pleasant and friendly area. Quite frequently we see our neighbors. Not necessarily as in having backyard barbecues but as in the fact that no matter what need anyone has had our neighbors are always there for each other.
4. As the saying goes, 'there's no time like the present'. How does that ring true in your life right now?
Well, I have just recently discovered that keeping a to-do list is helping me massively in not procrastinating any longer. I have also discovered that for some strange reason it is satisfying to get a heap of things done in one day.
5. Do you dread Mondays? Why or why not?
I personally dread Mondays. The reason why is pretty simple. I have lots of fun things to do during the weekend and after my delightful weekend hubbub, I get to turn to little ole Monday and have to face the rude presence of Geometry again.
I love poinsettias. We don't have any holiday plants in our home.
7. Share a favorite quote from a Christmas movie.
I have a thing for ridiculously lame Christmas movies and during the holiday season it's not very hard to find multiple cheesy movies. I watched one recently and had to explode with laughter when this quote was said. "Our library got a new book last month. Pandemonium." The hysterically sarcastic way that it was said made me bubble over and I couldn't help myself.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's pretty much official. I can not stand Emma by Jane Austen. I tried to read it so many times and each time I found myself slowly dying inside. It is slow mind-numbing torture. I loved The Three Musketeers and Pride and Prejudice, but for some reason I can't stomach Emma. It's on my list of required reading for this year so I keep plowing through one dreadful paragraph at a time.