Monday, December 19, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook







For today..... Monday, December 19, 2016

Looking out my window..... I see brilliant sunshine penetrating every space outdoors. Tiny patches of snow are quickly melting under the fierce light from the sun, the sky is a lovely shade of blue but everything looks expectant as if waiting upon the arrival of snow.

I am thinking..... That I would most likely not be able to produce a satisfactory post if I couldn't listen to music while I was writing. 

I am thankful..... I am thankful for the ability to love.

One of my favorite things..... While this is not technically a "thing" one of my favorite "things" are The Piano Guys.

I am wearing..... A pinkish burgundy skirt with a black and white peony printed blouse.

I am creating..... I would have said Christmas gifts but I just finished up with all my gift making yesterday.

I am reading..... One of my favorite books, Anne of Green Gables

I am hoping..... That by some form of a miracle that I'll wake up on Christmas morning to see the world blanketed in mounds of feathery snow.

I am learning..... That real love is sacrificial love (no, I am not just saying that to prove I actually listened at church.)

In the kitchen..... Various ingredients are laying on the counters in preparation for making Christmas snacks this afternoon.

Picture thought.....  Diane and I actually set up a tree in our room this year and worked for hours on end making ornaments for it. Though  it may be a touch rustic, I find it absolutely perfect.

1 comment:

  1. Your tree is lovely. I enjoy reading your blog. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!