Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1.  I recently read here about four secrets to happiness from around the world. They were-

Overcome your fears by facing them head on, allow yourself to relax and reset, work to live versus living to work, and find the good in life. Not sure if these are the actual secret to happiness, but which of the four do you struggle with most? Which one comes most easily to you?

  Overcoming my fears by facing them  head on is probably the hardest and quite frankly, that whole saying never really made much sense to me.

  The easiest one is finding the good in life, it was put there and it is up to us to ignore it or seek it and fully appreciate it.

2. How would you spend a found $20 bill today?

  Since I absolutely love writing, doodling, drawing, and other random things, buying a stack of notepads would be the perfect thing to do.

3. Ego trip, power trip, guilt trip, round trip, trip the light fantastic, or trip over your own two feet...which 'trip' have you experienced or dealt with most recently? Explain.

  My latest "trip" has been tripping and almost falling when fleeing three angry cows, no matter how inviting wading in a creek in a cow pasture sounds, you should always consider the fact that it is called a cow pasture for a reason.

4. If you could master any physical skill in the world what would it be, and how would you use that skill?

  If trapeze counts then I would love to be able to do professional trapeze acts, I have no idea what I would use that talent for but it would be positively delightful to go flying through the air.

5. As July draws to a close, let's take inventory of our summer fun. Since the official first day of (North American) summer (June 20th) have you...been swimming? enjoyed an ice cream cone? seen a summer blockbuster? camped? eaten corn on the cob? gardened? deliberately unplugged? watched a ballgame? picked fruit off the vine? taken a road trip? read a book?  Are any of these activities on your must-do-before-summer-ends list?

  I did not achieve many of those things but I have eaten a ice cream cone, read a book, ate corn on the cob, and if watching my brother and his friend counts, then I have watched a ballgame.

  Nothing else is really on my summer list so I guess I had a pretty good summer.

6. The Republican Presidential candidates will debate on August 6th. What's your question?

  I don't really have anything to ask, partly because I don't really pay attention to what is going on in politics. I don't even know who the presidential candidates are.

7. What's your most listened to song so far this summer?

  Not including church hymns I don't listen to any songs with lyrics. I only listen to classical and  instrumental music. My favorite one would have to be  "Spring Charm" by Adrian Von Ziegler

8.  Insert your own random thought here. 

  Some minor things I had wanted to do this summer were having a water fight, I never had one but I did wade in the creek for 15 minutes before fleeing for my dear life. I also spent some time at a lake which was a lot of fun. I had wanted to bike on the trail but never did, but I did get to ride here around home. I had wanted to walk through the woods. I didn't ever do that but I did get to walk the trails and soak up all of the beauty of nature. I had wanted to pick lots of raspberries, I didn't, but I did get to pick lots of blueberries at one of the most serene, gorgeous places I know of.

  My point is though I might not have gotten anything done exactly as I wanted to, in a sense I got everything achieved plus more, and that in my opinion was a summer very well spent. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have had a fun, if eventful, summer. Cows can be mean.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your story about running from the cows had me smiling. I lived in the country when I was younger, so I can totally relate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Angry cows?! They'll lend speed to your feet, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, picking blueberries sounds wonderful! I agree with you on preferring instrumental music. It's by far my favorite, unless it's a really good choral arrangement. Hope the rest of your summer is good!

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!