I am guessing my life is easy since I can not think of any time that I ever swam against the tide.
2. What's the last self-help or self-improvement book you read?
I don't know if this counts but when I was seven I read a early 1900's manner improvement book for children.
I remember being fascinated that all children were supposed to leave some food on their plates after every meal, that way the hostess would know that she gave her guests enough food.
3. "Tolerance is a tremendous virtue, but the immediate neighbors of tolerance are apathy and weakness." (Sir James Goldsmith)
Agree or disagree? Discuss. With civility please, because I think we have a good thing going in our very diverse (in geography, age, religion, political persuasion, ethnicity, marital status, upbringing, and cooking abilities) neighborhood here on This Side of the Pond.
Yes I do agree.
4. What is one of your most vivid memories of the kitchen from your childhood?
I still remember one summer day as a very little girl my Mom used to love making lots of Jello, and every time she did I was always given some hot Jello liquid with ice cubes as a drink for helping.
5. How did/do your own children's summers compare with your summers as a child? If you're not a parent, answer as it relates to what you've observed about the current generation of children vs. your own childhood.
I have to say that other children's summers are always frightfully busy with clubs and groups and lots of visiting relatives, my summers on the other hand are definitely more slow-paced, I read, crochet, swing, talk with my best friend and an occasional trampoline visit.
But in all honesty I am glad that my life is quiet.
6. Tell us what body of water you would most like to be on or near today, and why?
Oh, I would love to go across the road from my house and wade near our waterfall.
It seems like a totally fun thing to do on a quietly cloudy day.
7. Share a favorite song about water, or a favorite song with the word water in it's title, or a favorite song to listen to as you sit beside the water.
Since my favorite music is instrumental, I can't think of any song with water in the title of the lyrics. However this is the piece I would want to listen to as I sit beside the water.
8. Insert your own random thought here
I know that summer is still pushing forward but I am getting very excited for back to school sales and can not wait to stock up on lots of pretty new tablets and pencils and most definitely crafting supplies.