Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. February can be a little bit tricky given the weather and the winter and the whatnot. I read a list (here) of things you can do to make your February brighter which included-start planning your next trip, take more baths, make your own chocolate covered strawberries, and exercise in preparation for swimsuit season. Anything on the list you might try? Which suggestion on the list appeals to you most? Tell us something not on the list that helps make your February brighter. 

  Ah, chocolate covered strawberries sound incredible and would definitely make my February brighter.

  Something that isn't on the list, yet makes my February brighter, is reading books and crafting things, I've been really enjoying making envelopes and journaling. 

2. Tell us about something you've seen or done recently that you'd say was 'super'?

  Last Friday at TOL (my home school group) my friend and I won the game of Human Dutch Blitz. It was such a super feeling.

3. Best thing you ate in a 'bowl' last week?

   It was mashed potatoes. When I was much younger I thought mashed potatoes were one of the most boring things you could eat, but I absolutely love them now.

4. Something you're 'cheering' for right now?

  For Spring. I go to bed every night cheering it on. Perhaps my whole neighbourhood should join in with cheering Spring on because I don't think it can hear me, or if it can, it's certainly not motivated.

5. The Winter Olympics begin Friday, February 9th in Pyeong Chang, South Korea. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being all in and 1 being no interest whatsoever) how interested are you in the games? Which event do you most want to see (you'll find a list here).

  I would say I'm excited at around a 6, I'm certainly not fangirling all over the event, but I am looking forward to figure skating.

6. Insert your own random thought here.

  Right now the entire house is filled with the wonderful scent of my Mum's freshly baked bread that is cooling on the kitchen counter. I love the smell of bread, it's such a warm and home-y scent that I wish someone would bottle and sell. I'd never have to feel homesick throughout my life, I'd just pull out the jar and take a whiff.

1 comment:

  1. Human Dutch Blitz? How is that played? We LOVE Dutch Blitz in our family and we rarely have a family gathering that we are not yelling and slapping them cards down so fast and so hard that our hands sting, LOL So Human Blitz sounds very interesting. I too, am cheering for Spring. Our high today is 4 degrees, with a good wind chill of -29 below. Brrr, so spring can't come soon enough for me up here in Northern Minnesnowta...ha ha. Wendy

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!