Monday, November 7, 2016

Simple Woman's Daybook






For today..... November 7, 2016

Looking out my window..... I see the golden rays of the sun creeping down past the hills and the barn roof.

I am thinking.....  That there is only one country song that I can stand, and it's not really that country anyways.

I am thankful..... For music. How bleak would the world be without music? It's unfathomable.

One of my favorite things..... Since it's fall I should name some fall thing, but the truth is, at this time of the year I love to curl up under my favorite blanket with a good book and a cup of hot cocoa. The very act makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

I am wearing.....  A simple pleated black skirt and a silk shirt with the map of Middle Earth printed across it.

I am creating.....  A book. It is not top notch or anything but it serves to be a stimulating past time. My mom read some of it and said it reminds her of Jane Austen. I would say I have to agree since my usage of bigger words in my book is a bit excessive. I enjoy that though and it brings a smile to my face.

I am reading.....  Emma, by Jane Austen. Those classic novels delight me. Though they are a touch hard to comprehend at times that doesn't keep me from enjoying them. In fact, if anything, I would say they are consequently becoming easier to read. I'm not saying my brain is capable of great comprehension but rather that I don't feel quite as much like throwing the book into our furnace every time I sit down to read classics.

I am hoping.....  That the Christmas play I am in will go by smoothly without a glitch. There is just something about reading my lines and so on that makes me feel so festive and puts images of holly and evergreens in my mind!

I am learning.....  How to project my voice. My acting teacher has given me many pointers because on the night of the play all of us have to act without microphones. Since microphones are clumsy and not professional.. So far I can say a pretty noisy hello but not much else.

In the kitchen.....  There are cupboards and a stove, and for some completely preposterous reason there is a fridge! Would you believe it?! (All sarcasm aside, I have nothing special in our kitchen to note.)

Picture thought.....  A few days ago, being inspired by reading a sweets blog, I decided to make blackberry doughnuts and since they turned out so well I will be sharing the recipe with all of you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!