Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Wednesday Hodgepodge


1. Thursday (September 22) is the first official day of autumn in this part of the world...how will you welcome the season? I know some of you have been celebrating way too early, but it's official now so permission granted. House Beautiful recently listed ten ways to make your home smell like fall (you can read the list here) What's a scent you love this time of year and how will you add it to your home?

  I absolutely love Fall but somehow it seems to have arrived way too early and I am in season denial about right now. However, since I love Fall I have been attacking the kitchen and filling the house with apple pie bars, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, and apple cider brown sugar cupcakes.  Yes my friends, I love fall desserts!

2. Apple pie or pumpkin pie? Apple cake or pumpkin bread? Warm apple cider or a pumpkin spice latte?

  Concerning all of those questions, I prefer apple everything. Why, you might wonder? Well because it tends to taste cleaner and fresher, almost crisp, in most scenarios.
 
3. Do you suffer from what is sometimes referred to as an afternoon slump? What helps ward it off before it hits and/or tell us what helps you shake it off once it's here?

  Yes, sometimes I suffer from an afternoon slump, so what I do to ward it off is simple, I go to my living room and crochet like a mad woman. Especially in my slump am I quite productive!

4. Ladies-how have your friendships with women inspired you or made you a better person? For the men here today- how have your friendships with men inspired you or made you a better person?

  Friendships, are undeniably a blessing. My friendships have served to brighten days. Though I cannot point out just one particular thing that my friends have done to inspire me. You can rest assured that they have helped to make me life sweeter.

5. Are you a people pleaser? If you said yes, do you think that's a good or bad thing? If you said no, do you wish you were more of a people pleaser?

  I am not sure what exactly I am. Do I try to be as pleasant to people in general? Yes. But I'm not sure that overexert myself to please them though.

6. The seasons are a-changin'...share a favorite song relating in some way to change (not necessarily seasonal change, it could be change of any kind).

   This is a song by Billy Boyd, it was generally made for LOTR (Lord of the Rings) Funny side note,  the first time I saw LOTR I though it meant laughing on the roof. Since the song is just so beautiful that it made me cry (twice, I shouldn't have watched the video again) but I had to share it anyways. It does not specifically say change but it implies it so therefore.... I'm choosing it to share today.

                        

7. What do you wish would never change?

  My life with my family, I love being surrounded by all of them so it's a little hard to accept that someday my siblings will all be going their separate ways and we'll have to grow up. Growing up really stinks sometimes. Now if you'll excuse me I think I go upstairs to jump on my bed, and do various other age defying acts.

8.  Insert your own random thought here.

  Did you know dead butterflies smell like rotten seafood? It is a horrid surprise. I suppose I just assumed that something so beautiful had to smell of rainfall, flower petals, and honey. Not like rotten seafood...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!