Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Tag

1. What is your favorite Christmas movie?

  I love The Most Wonderful Time of the Year, it has such an enjoyable combination of wittiness and fun, and to be honest I am a huge fan of Henry Winkler so his being in the movie made it even better.

2. Have you ever had a white Christmas?

  Every single Christmas I had since I can remember has been really snowy, until this year which seems to be nothing but drab and rainy. We still have a little time before Christmas gets here, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

3. Have you ever built a gingerbread house?

  No, I haven't ever made an actual gingerbread house but I would like to someday.

4. Candy canes or gingerbread men?

  Hmm, I actually abhor gingerbread so I have to choose candy canes. I can still remember when I was a little girl I used to lick the candy canes that hung on our tree when I thought no one was looking.

5. Is your Christmas tree real or fake?

  Our Christmas tree is fake, two years ago Diane and I went and got a real tree for our room, and I can still hear the pine needles falling onto the floor in the middle of the night. Not that listening to pine needles was that bad, but trying to clean them out of our carpeting was horrible.

6. What's the best Christmas gift you have ever received?

  Honestly out of all the gifts I have ever received, my favorite one was the one that I got when I was eight, I was excitedly tearing the crisp wrapping paper off of my present and I couldn't believe my joy when I saw that I had gotten a box of corn flakes, it seemed so wonderful to have a whole box of cereal for myself. My Mom and Dad just laughed and told me to open it, and nestled inside the box was my very own cookbook and cake decorating supplies. I can remember squealing in stunned excitement since baking was my favorite thing ever to do.

7. Are you a pro at gift wrapping or do you fail miserably?

  Not to sound vain or anything but I would consider myself a pro. The credit goes to my Mom for teaching me how to wrap a present prettily when I was a little girl.

8. What is your favorite food at Christmas?

  Christmas breakfast is the best, I don't have a specific favorite but getting to eat as much bacon as you can is pretty awesome.

9. Eggnog, hot chocolate, or peppermint mocha? What is your favorite Christmas drink?

  Ah! I can think of nothing better than to snuggle under a warm blanket with a book and a mug of hot chocolate when the winter time begins.

10. What is your favorite Christmas song?

  Either Jingle Bell Rock or  It came upon a Midnight Clear.

11. Do you go Christmas caroling? Do carolers come to your house?

  Not to sound like a grinch but I don't like caroling. Carolers used to come to our house when we lived in Missouri, but they don't where we live now.

12. What is your favorite Christmas candy?

  Ooh! My favorite Christmas candy is the Mint Chocolate Truffles my Mom makes every Christmas, sadly they never last very long.

13. Do you make homemade candy for Christmas?

  Oh yes we definitely make homemade candy, every Christmas Day we have lots of candy to snack on all day long, making the candy is probably my favorite part Christmas prep.

14. When it comes to Christmas gifts do you prefer to buy or make the things you give? Receive?

  Though buying the gifts is definitely easier I find it much more satisfying to make everything yourself. And both store bought and homemade gifts are equally as fun to receive in my opinion.

15. Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve or wait until Christmas morning?

  I never understood why anyone would open their presents on Christmas Eve, it goes against the grains of how an average Christmas should go, my OCD-ness would drive me crazy opening gifts the day before Christmas.

16. Do you go to Christmas Eve services at a church?

 I think we did one year. I still remember something with candles and singing Silent Night.

17. Have you ever had a ride in a one horse open sleigh?

  No I haven't, but the dreaminess in me would absolutely love to have a sleigh ride, I'd feel as if I belonged in a fairy tale if I ever got to have a sleigh ride.

18. Do you like fruitcake?

  I love fruitcake, the good kind though, during the holiday season edible bricks so often get passed around from family to family as a so called fruitcake. Every year my Mom makes a very moist and tender fruit cake filled with delicious fruits so I don't have to worry about politely eating nastiness.

19. Do you make your own Christmas cookies, or do you prefer the store bought kind? Sprinkles, or no?

  Making homemade Christmas cookies is only one of the most fun things to ever do when Christmas time rolls around, Sean, Diane, and I always make a lot of cookies on Christmas Eve to enjoy the next day. And since I love baking, making cookies is one of my favorite Christmas traditions ever.

  And though I do love sprinkles I normally just put decorating sugar on my cookies, I find they taste better that way.

20. Of the 12 days of Christmas ..... which one is your favorite?

  The third day of Christmas is my Favorite, I don't know whether it's because of the french hens or because of the fact that there are so many more "Days of Christmas" ahead.

1 comment:

  1. This was such a fun read! Loving everything about Christmas as I do, this was so enjoyable and an insightful look at some of your Christmas favorites! I also love the movie "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year", but "It's a Wonderful Life" will always be my top pick!

    Thank you for sharing!!!
    God's Blessings to You & Merry Christmas!!! Net

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!