Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Roast Beef and Pasta Salad

The one thing that I have always wanted to do before I died and happens to be on my bucket list is making every single recipe in a cook book.So last week I started the challenge of making all the recipes in my favorite cookbook and made the very first dish in the book, which, by the way I will be sharing with you today.


Roast Beef and Pasta Salad

9 ounces uncooked radiatore pasta
6 ounces lean roast beef
1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (15 ounces) whole baby corn, drained and rinsed
1 can (10 ounces) diced tomatoes and green chiles
1 cup cherry tomato halves
2 TBSP minced fresh parsely
1 TBSP minced fresh oregano
1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)

Prepare the pasta like the package tells you to, omitting the salt; drain and rinse your pasta with cold water; and then drain again.

Slice your roast beef into narrow strips and then combine your pasta with the beef and the remaining ingredients in a large bowl. Mix thoroughly and if you want to be fancy garnish each serving with a sprig of fresh oregano.

This makes six servings and is best if served fresh. Enjoy!

Now I thought this was a delicious addition to our dinner and the only thing I would change is swapping the beef for ham the next time I make it, but then again that is just me being me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!