Monday, August 14, 2017

Happy Homemaker Monday

Happy Homemaker Monday


The weather.....   It is with much sorry resignation that I say that Summer has pretty much come to a close now. It is chilly right now, and mizzling (which is a new word I just learned, I suppose I can't help but learn things what with school and all.)

Right now I am....  every single time I read this question I feel tempted to say that I'm writing a blog post, as if you didn't already know it. But I shall try to behave myself, I am ready to create a page in my collage journal, and potentially write a story that I'm pondering.

Thinking....
That it's been far too long since I've made a new post. I knew I was going to spend a lazy Summer, but it was so lazy in fact that I didn't even bother to think up an excuse for me not writing on my dear little blog.

On my reading pile....
I've had to split my reading pile into multiple stacks because it started to teeter and totter most dangerously. I love to read, and I am satisfied with the number of books that I've read this Summer.  I've been reading an odd assortment of books, a bunch of Christian fiction, Historical fiction, war diaries, classical books by Mark Twain, and Dickens, and even a Dave Dawson book that used to be my Dad's favorite when he was a boy.


On my TV..... We girls just finished the World of Dance season, I must say that it was a splendid show, my feelings on the winners won't be disclosed for I feel them to be too snarky for my blog.

Listening to..... It's an old song, "One Step at a Time" by Jordin Sparks. I recently rediscovered that song and listened to it almost daily since then. It's crazy to think that's it's been about a decade since it was produced.

Something fun to share.... Hm, this one requires thought, sometimes I think I can be deathly dull, and right at the moment, I am just one yawn short of deadening.  All seriousness aside, I talked on the phone yesterday, and that's not a big deal at all to anyone other than me, I am utterly terrified of talking on the phone, so when my cousin, whom I know very well called me, I almost fainted, it turns out that talking on the phone isn't that alarming after all, though I was sweating like a moose during it all.

Blog hopping (newly discovered blog)....
I haven't really been doing much of anything related to blogging lately, therefore I have not discovered a new blog.

On the menu for this week....
I definitely hope it's food, sadly every single restaurant I've ever been to had only words on the menu, sometimes, if I'm lucky, they'll have pictures.

On my to do list....
Recently (as in two days ago) I started a to do list again, and my, but it's long. A few of the things on it are very typical, just the usual household chores, and then a few little things like lighting a candle, or baking.

In the craft basket....
My crafting has taken over the space in my room, I have boxes filled with pictures and phrases that I use in my creative and collage journals, and so much yarn, lace, buttons, book cloth, and various other things that I love to use on a weekly basis.

Looking forward to this week....
Since I'm not so sure what our plans are for this week, the thing that I'm looking forward to is Friday, I guess school just does that to a person.

Looking around the house....
I see tidiness. I have no idea if you can technically see tidiness, but I will assume you can. My Mum's brother and his family stopped in for a visit this morning, and there's nothing like an unexpected visit from family to set a house to rights.

Bible verse, Devotional....
This is not just one verse, but rather two. I am just finishing up the book of Jeremiah as I work my way through the Bible, and I thought that this scripture was beautiful.
Jeremiah 17:7-8  Blessed is the man that trusteth in the Lord, and whose hope the Lord is. For he shall be as a tree planted by the waters, and that spreadeth out her roots by the river, and shall not see when the heat cometh, but her leaf shall be green; and shall not be careful in the year of drought, neither shall cease from yielding fruit.

You can join all the fun over at The Diary of a Stay at Home Mom.

13 comments:

  1. What historical fiction are you reading? It's my favorite genre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Historical fiction is definitely one of my favorite genres! I am doing most of the reading for school, so I must tell you that they aren't the lightest books out there! I can't think of any at the moment except "Cry, The Beloved Country," and "The Animal Farm." If you have favorites I would love to know what they are. Thank you for taking the time to comment, and I hope you have a splendid week!

      Delete
  2. I've never heard the word mizzling. What a nice word (and since I looked it up, I supposed you could take credit for teaching me a new word). Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very happy to hear that! And because you said so, I will indeed take the credit for it. :) Thank you for taking the time to comment, and I hope you have an amazing week as well.

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the new word to add to my vocabulary! I've been working on Jeremiah lately - you found a gem of a promise!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love doing my Bible studies, it's especially exciting sitting down everyday and wondering how I'll be inspired this time. I'm glad you liked the word, and thank you for taking the time to comment, I wish you the best of weeks!

      Delete
  4. I've taken a bit of an unintentional blogging break this summer since starting back to work. I'm hoping to be posting regularly now. I enjoyed visiting today :)

    Have a great week!

    Colletta

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that Summers are terrific for taking a break from blogging, I too hope to be posting regularly now. Thank you for taking the time to comment, and I hope you have a terrific week!

      Delete
  5. Hi, I've enjoyed your blog today. I like the word Mizzling, It's a cozy type of word, a word to make you think of grabbing a book, a throw and snuggling down to read :-) When you say your house was tidy because of company, when we were kids and someone drove in, mom would say, quick, pick up and us 7 kids plus her and dad would grab and put things away in a mighty hurry, and with 7 kids you can imagine the "stuff" we had out daily and into the evening :-) Wendy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the picture you painted of a cozy evening snuggled under the covers with a book while it's mizzling! :) Sometimes it's amazing how quickly the house can be swept into order, literally and figuratively. Thank you for taking the time to comment, and I hope your week is a blessed one!

      Delete
  6. I'm not sure "Animal Farm" comes under the heading of historical fiction. However, as a history teacher I get really annoyed when writers get things wrong. Playing "what if" is one thing, but getting things out of context and all that jazz. . .harrumph!

    Our eldest daughter was also afraid of talking on the phone. You'd think most teenagers would be eager to do so, but Tina would practically go into a swoon if she was the only one home and the phone rang.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would most definitely go into a swoon if that happened to me, talking on the phone is definitely not a task for the faint of heart. Thank you taking the time to comment and I hope that you have a wonderful week!

      Delete
  7. I'm running so late visiting this week. I enjoyed reading your post. Wonderful bible verses! Have a great rest of the week and weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!