1. Setting aside the real March Madness (NCAA Basketball) describe something happening at your house this month that might earn the title 'March Madness'?
Planning out the A-Z challenge. Goodness, I found it takes half an hour of me staring mindlessly at the computer screen before I so much as come up with an idea for an idea.
2. What's a favorite made up word from your childhood or a favorite from your children's childhood? Does your family still use the word today? If there's a story behind the origin please share.
The only word that I can think of is Lantwin. My brother invented that word to be a name for the "country" he owned (our cow pasture.) we spent uncountable hours playing in Lantwin, building our little homes, running from store to store and having citizens meetings in each other's little yards. We loved our country and still call the field behind our house "Lantwin."
3. Will you be doing any spring cleaning now that the season is upon us? I read here a list of 15 quick (under one hour) spring cleaning tasks. They were-
clean out a drawer, vacuum furniture, whiten tile grout, dust the nooks and crannies you don't get to year round, degrease kitchen cabinets, wipe down walls, go behind furniture, wipe down ceiling fans, vacuum the mattress, clean the range hood, wash baseboards, shine the stainless steel, clean out vents, tackle the windows, and wipe down gadgets
Of the fifteen 'quick' tasks listed which two most need doing at your house? Will you do them?
Somehow it always seems like I spring clean every other month, I don't suppose there are any tasks more important than the others on my list and yes, naturally I shall help my family, my Mum always tells stories about her childhood days when we spring clean, so really it's never that horrid.
4. A favorite movie set in Paris or New York?
I have no idea. I'm sure I have seen many Christmas movies set in New York but I can't think of one that stands out from all the rest.
5. What's put a spring in your step this month?
The promise of spring, my nutrition studies, baking, the air around me, and many more insignificantly significant things.
6. Did you ever want to be a teacher? Why or why not?
I never wanted to be a teacher, I mean, aside from playing school with my siblings (which was a bunch of fun since I got to boss them around) I was terrified of teaching school and vividly remember at the age of five, I was stressing out greatly about how in the world I was supposed to teach all my future children how to talk.
I love the scent of roses, but my favorite scent is definitely lilacs. I have a set of lilac scented soaps and lotions that my brother gave to me for a birthday and I still love them.
As for floral flavored foods, one word, why?!!!! I made cupcakes once upon a time with rose water flavored frosting and it was the worst thing ever. I distinctly remember Eldon turning to me and asking if I got soap in the frosting.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
It's so hard to believe that so much of my glorious new year has already passed. I have accomplished a fair amount of things on my goal list but still feel that life is too short.
I see the beauty in every sunrise and sunset yet they remind me that life is a fleeting dream, oh for time to stand still for but just a moment.