Thursday, February 25, 2016

In Memory of Gypsy

       They say that the dog is man's best friend and I have to agree with that. Almost four years ago we were very happy to open our hearts and home to a dog someone dropped off and sped away. We adopted the dog and called him Gypsy. That little ball of fluffy black, curly hair worked his way into all of our hearts. He was already old when we got him, but age is only a number, or so they say.

     There were long summer evenings spent lying on the grass with Gypsy, talking, and playing with him. There were picnics spent with him trotting jauntily along beside of us. There were woodland walks, mischievous chases, rescuing visitors from his loyal protection (his bark is worse than his bite, and he never bit anyone), nights spent getting up at midnight to sneak out and talk to him when he was lonely (yes, I'm guilty) there were many happy greetings whenever Gypsy saw us, we spent many hours every day simply enjoying the blessing of his loyal and devoted friendship.

      Yesterday our beloved dog passed away of old age, we all loved him dearly and his death brought many tears to our eyes. Though we are very sad we find comfort in knowing that we filled his last years with lots of adventures and happiness for him, he had found a loving family and he spent the rest of his life with us. We will cherish his memory always.


     In memory of Gypsy. Our beloved dog.





3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear you lost Gypsy. From reading this post though, I'm sure he knew just how much you all loved him. You'll be in my prayers.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. She sounds like she was a lovely companion for all of you. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very sorry for your loss. A beloved pet is such a blessing. I will keep you in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!