Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Wednesday Hodgepodge

1. It's October so let's get this out there first thing...have you jumped on the all-things-pumpkin bandwagon? How so?

   Not to sound like a fall grinch but I'm not the biggest fan of pumpkin flavored/spiced things, the only thing pumpkin spice like that I have "jumped upon" is pumpkin spiced pancakes, so yummy!

2.  "We have more power than will; and it is often by way of excuse to ourselves that we fancy things are impossible." Francois Duc De la Rochefoucauld  

What's something you once thought impossible, but in hindsight see as more a matter of lack of will?

  Fall cleaning my room seems to answer this question rather nicely, not that I'm lazy but anything deep cleaning-wise always seems so dreadful halfway through that sometimes flopping down on the floor and laughing hysterically rather than continuing the task at hand sounds rather nice.

3. The rose is America's National Flower, but every state also has its own (click here to see the list). Are you happy with yours? If you were in charge what would you declare your state's flower? If you're outside the U.S. what bloom would you like to see labeled as your country's national flower?

   Yes I really like our State flower, I think it captures the essence of our home state very well, so even if I chose another flower I don't think it could be as perfect as the one we already have.

4. What have you lost interest in recently?

  Embroidery, I thought it would be such a marvelous thing to spend your afternoons embroidering a handkerchief while drinking a cup of tea but 20 large thread knots later I was ready to call it a day, my cloth of knots now lies upstairs tucked away, never to be seen again.

5. In your opinion, who's the best living musician?

  I really like more of a classical kind of music so Adrian Von Ziegler would have to be my choice, I love how his music takes you to mythical far away places.

6. S'mores-love 'em or no? Ever make them indoors? Last time you sat around an outdoor fire? Are making s'mores and sitting round a fire pit on your autumn bucket list? Do you have an autumn bucket list?

  Oh how I love s'mores, I really only ate them around a fire when we were on vacation several years ago.

  Though I don't have a fall bucket list I'm sure if I did, making s'mores would be at the top.

7. Your favorite small town? Why?

  One of our neighboring towns is the prettiest small town I know of, if I had to live in a town I would definitely choose that one.

8. Insert your own random thought here. 

  I am loving fall so much now that the sun has come out and the clouds have gone away, and am spending my days reading, crocheting, drinking tea, and enjoying every beautiful thing that is life.

2 comments:

  1. Spiced pumpkin pancakes, sound interesting. I have never had the courage to actually taste one. Somehow breakfast and pumpkin are two words I can't fit together. :) Glad you enjoy them though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems like people are either overboard in their love of the pumpkin everything or they do not care for the taste at all. Pancakes sound kind of interesting, but I rarely eat pancakes. They make me feel so full. I like the idea of them though : )

    ReplyDelete

Hi there,
Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. You just made my day!